We are big lovers of our local farmers' markets. However, when on the road, finding the right day and location has been a hassle. We could never find any place where the market information was collected in one place in an easy to use way. So we decided to create our own database. After several months of searching for markets, calling market managers, and formatting all the data, the app is about ready to be released.
The IPhone App Features:
- A Database of all the California Farmers' Markets, their details, and geo position.
- The data can be sorted in a table view either alphabetically by city or by Day of the week and distance from your location
- Detail view with information about the Market. You can also launch google maps to get directions to the market.
- Markets are displayed on a Google map with all the currently filtered counties
- Filter page that lets you only select the County that you care about.
- IPhone or IPod Touch with OS 3.0 or better for the Google Map and GPS integration
- Wifi or Cell connection to bring up the maps. Though the list will work without a connection.
Here are some screenshots.